I am a 4th year PhD candidate in the Ingenuity Labs Research Institute at Queen’s University.
I also work with Vector Institute and the Conflict Analytics Lab (CAL) on various projects. My research interests are: Interpretability, Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, and Deep Learning primarily for high-stakes decision making.
I have interned at Thomson Reuters Labs in Toronto, and Rakuten Americas (Rakuten Institute of Technology). I have also completed a Mitacs Accelerate internship with the Innovation Boost Zone, Toronto. Earlier, I was a Google Summer of Code contributor.
- Rohan Bhambhoria, Hui Liu, Samuel Dahan and Xiaodan Zhu “Interpretable Low-Resource Legal Decision Making”, AAAI 2022 (Main Conference; Social Impact Track)
- Samuel Dahan, Rohan Bhambhoria, Simon Townsend, Xiaodan Zhu “EU Courts and Data Science: The Case of Trademark Likelihood of Confusion”, Hart Publishing 2022 (Book Chapter)
- Rohan Bhambhoria, Jad Saab, Sara Uppal, Xin Li, Artur Yakimovich, Junaid Bhatti, Nirma Khatri, Diana Moyano, Elham Dolatabadi and Sedef Akinli Kocak “Towards Providing Clinical Insights on Long Covid from Twitter Data”, AAAI W3PHIAI 2022 (Workshop)
- Jonathan Li, Rohan Bhambhoria, Xiaodan Zhu “Parameter-Efficient Legal Domain Adaptation”, EMNLP NLLP 2022 (Workshop)
- Chu Fei Luo, Rohan Bhambhoria, Samuel Dahan, Xiaodan Zhu “Evaluating Explanation Correctness in Legal Decision Making”, Canadian AI 2022 (Main Conference)
- Rohan Bhambhoria, Samuel Dahan and Xiaodan Zhu “Investigating the State-of-the-Art Performance and Explainability of Legal Judgment Prediction”, Canadian AI 2021 (Main Conference)
- Rohan Bhambhoria, Luna Feng, Dawn Sepehr, John Chen, Conner Cowling, Sedef Kocak and Elham Dolatabadi “A Smart System to Generate and Validate Question Answer Pairs for COVID-19 Literature”, EMNLP-SDP 2020 (Workshop)
- Jason Lam, Rohan Bhambhoria, David Liang, Xiaodan Zhu and Samuel Dahan “The Gap between Deep Learning and Law: Predicting Employment Notice”, ICML LML 2020 (Workshop)
- Samuel Dahan, Xiaodan Zhu, Rohan Bhambhoria, Alizeh Alvi, Anton Rizor, Anna Xu, Daniel Moholia, Harindra Rajasekeran “AI-Powered Trademark Dispute Resolution” (Experts Opinion Comissioned by the European Union Intellectual Property Office)
- The 2022 Conference on Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing (EMNLP) Program Committee member
- The 17th Conference of the European Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics (EACL) Program Committee member